- Precision Platinum RTD sensing element; +/-0.24% accuracy
- Standard product temperature range: -50°C to +200°C
- Note this is for the RTD element only; PCB operating range is -40°C to +85°C
- Extended, reduced, or alternate ranges available on request
- Maximum range of sensing element: -50°C to +500°C
- On-board 18-bit ΔΣ ADC, supports continuous or on-demand sampling
- I2C Interface; up to eight devices may be daisy-chained
- 3.3V supply voltage
- Reverse polarity protection on connector
- 10x20mm dimensions (excluding connector and sensor element)
The sensor uses a fixed current source to drive the sensing element and a low-noise amplifier configuration to take advantage of the full span of the ΔΣ converter’s differential inputs.
Sampling rate is inversely related to precision. Reducing the number of bits of accuracy will increase the rate of data collection:
|Speed (SPS)||Resolution (bits)|
Example software for use with a Raspberry-Pi and the python programming language is available. See Raspberry Pi – Python V3 I2C Support and Raspberry Pi – Python V3 MCP3421 Support for implementation details.
Alternative programming languages are easily supported; please contact us for assistance!
The sensor is available under the following part numbers:
Note each extension corresponds to a unique offset in I2C address space: TI2C-00 = 0x68, TI2C-01 = 0x69, etc.